ECMO Program Growth & Optimization
To support your growth and sustainability, our specialists collaborate with your existing ECMO team, conducting an in-depth review of your program's operations. We identify inefficiencies, update policies and protocols to be in line with current best practices, and formulate strategic recommendations to optimize your ECMO services. Our goal is not only to elevate the quality of care, but also enhance your program's economic performance, ensuring the ECMO program is both medically and financially viable.Learn More
New ECMO Program Development
Our program development team can provide a comprehensive solution for every hospital’s unique situation, encompassing all elements required to establish and maintain a successful ECMO program. Our services range from equipment selection, education, training, and competency maintenance to intra-hospital patient transport and staffing solutions.
- Selecting and procuring essential equipment and supplies.
- Identifying and training a physician champion to lead the program.
- Providing an on-site coordinator to integrate with the hospital physicians and interdisciplinary medical teams to provide clinical coordination of services, treatment, data collection, and quality improvement projects.
- Formulating a transition plan to train and educate permanent staff for future independent program management.
- Providing administrative support, including revenue cycle guidance and the development of up-to-date policies, procedures, and order sets.
- Identifying and quantifying the potential number of ECMO patients already in your system or that are being transferred out.
- Developing customized financial forecasts for your institution to project the potential profitability of your ECMO program.
- Educating internal and regional physicians about your ECMO program and how to identify potential ECMO patients.
- Assisting with the ELSO Center of Excellence application
ECMO Revenue Cycle Assessment & Augmentation
IEC helps hospitals navigate the intricate maze of ECMO billing and coding by providing comprehensive guidance on revenue cycle management. ECMO is the second-highest DRG reimbursement in healthcare today—when reimbursement processes are optimized and errors are eliminated, ECMO can generate a significant return on investment.Learn More